Next generation technology
Advances in technology have increased the demands on a vehicle’s components, especially the ECU. This demand has reached the point where a single firmware to ECU configuration cannot meet the market’s ECU requirements (even with increased capacity and processor speed).
The M1 series was conceived by MoTeC to overcome this one-to-one, firmware to ECU limitation, by designing a system where operational efficiency, advanced features and flexibility are its primary objectives. At its core, M1 provides the ability to develop a suite of flexible and tailored solutions (packages), making it ideal for any application (however complex) and category management.
Key advantages of M1 systems:
- Latest generation high performance processor
- Large logging memory, fast Ethernet downloads
- Compact and lightweight in robust magnesium enclosures
- Supports direct injection and port injection applications
- Supports advanced logging features including Pro Analysis (i2 Pro)
- Advanced security system, incorporating an anti-tampering microprocessor
- Access log-in levels for multiple users
- Suitable for modern engines with DBW, Cam Control and multiple CAN buses
- Advanced logging features, high speed, multiple logs (with access logins)
- I/O expansion using E816, E888 expanders
- Flexible tuning software
- Programmable digital input system for Ref/Sync, wheel speeds etc.
- Programmable trigger levels, diagnostics
- All Low Side and Half Bridge outputs have PWM capability
MoTeC's distinctive range of m1 ECU solutions
- Targeted Solutions - We've done the configuration work for you, tailoring the ECU firmware to a specific vehicle or engine. In some cases this includes integration with vehicle control systems beyond the engine, for example, stability control, cruise control. Complete Plug-In kits are available for some applications, including any additional hardware and wiring looms as required. See targeted solutions for Vehicle, Bike, PWC or Snowmobiles
- GP (General Purpose) Solutions - MoTeC's GP Solutions offer the flexibility to suit numerous port and direct injected gasoline engines. Comprising of:
- GPA (Advanced)
- GPR (Race)
- GPRP (Race with Paddle shift)
- GPRDI (Race with Direct Injection)
- GPRPDI (Race with Paddle Shift and Direct Injection)
These variants that can be configured to suit a wide range of applications.
- Development Solutions - Those who are skilled at coding can now develop fully customised control strategies at the firmware level, creating unique ECU functionality for themselves or other customers. Developers can build custom controls into an existing package, or create a new project from scratch. In either instance, the resulting firmware can be loaded into a single Development ECU or rolled out for customers around the world to purchase.
- Ruggedised - Sometimes an extra level of protection for electronic components is required, such as marine applications or environments subject to dirt or dust. Our Ruggedised M1 hardware ensures maximum longevity under these extreme conditions.