ONSELLING M1 ECU's
Anyone can now make M1 ECUs part of their business by developing their own personalised firmware and onselling this to customers as a Partner Package.
Partner Packages are created using an M1 Development ECU and M1 Build. Following an approval process, these packages can be loaded into M1 ECU hardware for sale to other customers. MoTeC lists Partner Packages on our website, however the sale of these packages and their associated hardware is the responsibility of the Developer.
The process to get a Partner Package from idea to sale is as follows:
- Talk to MoTeC to see if there is already a package available to suit your needs.
- Often it isn’t worthwhile to reinvent the wheel, but even if there is a package already, we won’t stop you doing it your way.
- All Partner Packages are individually priced to specifically suit your application. See Pricing Guidelines to see how we price Partner Packages.
If you do not have your own Development ECU, you can purchase this from MoTeC or work with a Developer or Dealer using their Development ECU.
All Partner Package development must be completed using a Development ECU.
It is highly recommended that Developers base their Package on one of the many sample M1 Projects available via MoTeC Online.
- Test and modify the package using the Development ECU until the package is ready for general sale.
- MoTeC need only see the compiled package, not the Project (code). The Project itself remains the property of the Developer, and is never submitted to MoTeC.
- MoTeC will check that the finished package matches the agreed specification.
- The part number is associated with the Developer that submitted the package. As such, they are the only ones who can sell an ECU with that package in it.
The only person who can purchase the finished part number is the package submitter.
If a Partner Package needs to be modified after this process it must be re-submitted to MoTeC for checking, along with a description of the changes. There is a one off fee each time a Partner Package is updated to cover the cost of checking and rebuilding the Package.
If additional features are added to a Partner Package during a re-submit, then the price of the Package may have to be re-negotiated.
- Customer Support must be provided by the package Developer.